4.07.2008

multi-tasking

It’s 2pm and so far today I have nursed Logan about five times, feed Abby two meals, bathed both kids, managed to bath myself, read six princess books, watched 10 minutes of Dumbo, 10 minutes of Little Mermaid, 10 minutes of Winnie the Pooh, then decided to turn the TV off because I refuse to change the movie every 10 minutes at the request of my little girl. I have put away nearly six loads of laundry that had been stacked half way to the ceiling all last week, changed three poppy diapers, pushed Abby around the backyard on her new bike, told Abby “no candy!” about 47 times, cleaned up spit up about 7 times, pinned down Abby for another round of “mommy needs to brush your teeth!”, given at least 25 kisses, organized my shoes, organized my closet. So now I sit here at the computer trying to get my work done. Abby's in her crib reading a book at the top of her lungs and then cracking up, Logan's sitting here in his bouncy chair, I'm typing with my left hand, bouncing a bouncy chair with my left foot, answering the phone with my right hand. In a moment I will race downstairs (did I mention how much a loath stairs!) and put in a load a laundry and quickly grab a root beer and some crackers and race back upstairs to continue bouncing the bouncy chair before Logan notices that I had left him for a moment. I will continue working until Abby wakes up from her nap. At that time I will carry both children (at the same time) down 16 stairs and head to the kitchen where I will begin preparing dinner. I will try my best to get dinner on the table before 7:00pm, all the while Abby will tug at my pants and whine at me, Logan will cry each time his binky falls out (which is about every 4 seconds) and John will call to chat on his drive home from work. Once dinner is on the table something will trigger inside of Abby to let her know that it is now time to begin screaming like a crazy person. She will do this until she gets a spanking or a time out. This will continue throughout dinner...perhaps she'll even earn a few time outs and spanking before we've shoved the food into our mouths as quickly as possible. Then I will race around the kitchen and clean as fast as humanly possible while Abby whines at me. (did I mention I have a whiner?) I will make John coffee and a lunch for the next morning. Then I will remove Abby from her food incrusted chair and hoist her up to the bathtub. I will sit there while she plays and I will nurse Logan. Eventually she'll get put to bed and I will get to sit...my favorite time of the day! The job of "mother" is stessful, but I wouldn't change it for the world!

I think God gave women the gift of multi-tasking for a reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment