I am a C
I am a C-H
I am a C-H-R-I-S-T-I-AN
And I have C-H-R-I-S-T
In my H-E-A-R-T
and I will L-I-V-E
This song cracks Abby up! She laughs every time I sing it and stares at me in amazement of my spelling capabilities!
This week has been long! I think it's felt so long because Logan's crying all the time. I think he's teething...let the fun begin! I am on the cusp of teething and sleep training!! The not so fun parts of the first year. Although my frustration mellowed a little once I finally concluded that he must be teething. It's easier to deal with a screaming baby when you know that he's in pain and just wants to be held and comforted. That is not the hard part. The hard part is throwing the 2 year old in the mix. It seems like whenever I try and just hold Logan Abby either becomes really naughty or needs me for something. I think it is the daily balancing act that has me tired out. Anyhow, here's some clips of the week. :)
It was a hot weekend...triple digits everyday! I'm not sure that I'm ready for summer, but I do not think that I have a choice. :) I went to Target and bought Abby a little pool, I hope to get it blown up tomorrow so that we can have some water fun!
Abby: Has become such a little girl. Her legs are constantly bruised and scrapped because she's always running these days--and falling a lot. She loves being outside. She is very talkative and loving. She kisses on all of us all day long. She is very into saying "silly goose" (which she picked up from me) so I hear that phrase a few times an hours.
Logan: He's sitting in his Bumbo chair now...see picture. Isn't he so darn cute! This weekend he rolled onto his side. I'm sure he'll figure out how to roll completely over within a few weeks. He's at that frustrated stage where he wants to do more than his little body allows him.
John: He's grading papers...again! :) Boy, how nice it will be if he doesn't teach next year and doesn't have to always be grading!
Me: John finally allowed me to mow the lawn today---I love mowing laws. It was a fabulous work out! I busted two sprinklers...opps! Dad's coming over tomorrow after work to teach me how to fix them. :)
House situation--I'm getting frustrated! This is taking forever! I will continue to pray that we will receive an answer this week. I want to move on with our lives. I will continue to repeat my verse (Hew 11:1) and cling to the truths of God's word.
Then these feeling are compiled with my always present guilt. I don't know if it's just me, or all moms experience this...but I am always feeling guilty. For example:
- I am feeling guilty that I didn't make something more nutritious for dinner for Abby.
- Logan smiles and laughs every time I take a moment to talk to him...I feel guilty that I do not take more time to talk to him.
- I feel guilty that I yelled at Abby to "WALK UP THE STAIRS!!" (she'll sit and each stair for like 30 seconds...and by stair #15 I'm beyond irritated!)
- I feel guilty for not having the house more clean
- for not having John's clothes ironed
- or not shipping Weston's present yet (I know you don't mind Becca)
- for not playing more with Abby
- for making Logan sit in his bouncy while I type this
- for not putting any work hours in today--which makes it impossible for me to catch up so then I feel guilty for getting paid
- for not running on the treadmill
- for not reading my bible
Perhaps guilty is the wrong word...maybe it's failure. I always feel like my head is just about to go under water. I feel like I'm failing. I feel like I cannot give 100% in all areas of my life. wheww...it's exhausting just typing all of my failures! :) I don't mean to be a downer...but it's nice to write out everything and get it off my mind.