8.13.2008

tired

I've been meaning to come on here each day to post about my days, but the truth is I am so tired. I'm not sure what has changed, but I am just barely keeping my head above water. I'm finding it very difficult to balance my housework/job/kids/cooking/cleaning/etc! I'm not sure how to remedy this. I'm not even sure if there is a remedy. Perhaps this is how motherhood is?? As I write this Logan is screaming from his room. I'm to the point where I've got nothing...so I just have to take a moment or two for myself--even at the expense of a screaming baby. Today I made a list of things to accomplish. I thought maybe this would help me feel like I'm actually getting things done in the day and not just running around with my head cut off. I did manage to cross off a few of those things. I guess it feels good to "see" that something was accomplished...but the laundry is still not put away, the kitchen is messy, toys on the ground, emails to be sent, bills to be paid, appointments to be scheduled...heck, I haven't even taken a shower or eaten dinner and it's almost 10pm! Is this just life as a mommy? Or is this life as a full fledged grown up? Nonetheless, I know without a doubt that one day I will look back on this time in my life and truly miss being needed so much. I will wish that Abby needed me to "hold her" and I will miss Logan's cute baby smile. So, I will try my best to notice and appreciate all of these things. Even a screaming 6 month old baby from the other room...

No comments:

Post a Comment