10.09.2008

sounds of the night...

...Logan's swing is swoosh, swoosh, swooshing from his room.

...My handsome John is asleep on the couch right next to me. He feel asleep there at 7:30pm--I don't think I've ever witnessed that before! He always stays awake until midnight--he must be very tired!

...Abigail is in her room, in her crib, reading a story to her baby doll, who is wrapped in a blanket and sharing her pillow. I can't hear exactly what she's saying to her little doll, but I know that she's speaking tender mama words to her little baby. I like to think that maybe she learned that from me.

...which makes me think of a funny story. Tonight I was holding Abby on my lap. I wrapped her in a blanket, and was pressing her close to me in a pre-bedtime snuggle. As I was cherishing the quiet moment between me and my daughter, I asked her tenderly, "do you want me to sing you a song?" Abby look up at me and said quietly, "no" "mama be quiet" I couldn't help but laugh!! I asked her, "does mama talk to much?" She quietly replied, "yes."

I kissed her forehead and walked her into her room to tuck her in for the night...

No comments:

Post a Comment