- 2.6 million jobs lost in 2008
- 524,000 jobs lost in December 2008
- 598,000 jobs lost in January 2009
- 7.6% unemployment rate (highest in 16 years)
- 1 out of every 4 teenage girls have an STD
- 1,100 teenage girls will have an abortion today
- 1,300 teenage girls will give birth today
- 211 elementary children will be arrested today for drugs
- 4 out of 10 teenage girls have had an abortion
- 6 teenagers will take their lives today
Lately I feel like life is just hard--no way around it. Those that I love struggle with sickness, mental illness, joblessness, depression, grief, financial troubles, and the list goes on. I mean, when did life become so real. I don't know if that sounds strange--maybe life has always been hard for you; but there was a time when life was relatively carefree for me. Don't get me wrong, I have a wonderfully blessed life that I wouldn't trade for anything. I have an amazing husband who loves the Lord and his family. I have two kids that steal my heart each morning.
Life is difficult. As I get older (31 next month people!!), I continue to realize that there are no guarantees in life and the only way to keep on trekking is by the strength and grace of the Lord. Life does not guarantee health, financial success, perfect children, a perfect marriage, a booming economy, or a safe place for our children to grow.
The Lord promises that he will never leave us. He will meet our needs. He will provide wisdom. He will provide safety. He will bear our burdens.
How does anyone live in this world without the assurance of Christ? I would be completely stressed out if I thought I made my own destiny! I am so grateful to have the opportunity to seek out God no matter what is happening in this world--because this is a hurting world that we live in.