2.04.2009

oh shoot--it's shot day!

Today Logan had his one year check up. He received four shots. Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Chickenpox, phenomena, and tetnis (sp?). I hate shot day. Or course I hate it because I have to hold my sweet baby's hands while he gets poked by needles, but more I hate it because of all the confusing information about childhood vaccines. The subject is a HOT one, and a confusing one! Some people think that the vacccines can cause autism, etc. But if you ask the Peditrician they will tell you that the shots are 100% safe and that they give them to their own kids. So, I trust the docter and allow my sweet baby to receive a boatload of vaccines at one time. But, as each needle went in I said a prayer that no harm would come to my little guy and that these medicines (which I am very grateful for) would only do good.

I hate that there's so much hype over childhood vaccines. It's confusing. It's stressful. It's scary.

Logan is asleep in his crib. With two bandaids on his cubby leg and two on his little arm. Poor baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment