4.04.2009

Mama Van Gogh

It is no secret that I am not the artist of the family. That title belongs to John. Abigail seems to have her daddy's art genes, she loved to "decorate" with chalk, markers, paint, glue, stickers, and glitter. Often I find myself outside, sitting on the ground while Abigail asks me to draw certain things. It also often happens that Abigail is frustrated with my lack of talent. But I try.

Above: my version of Nemo...
Below: my version of a jellyfish, which Abby calls "boing boings" (if you've seen Nemo, you'll know why)
This is the best great white shark that I could produce.Abby wanted me to draw Bolt--which is a character from the movie Bolt. Bolt is the little white dog...and apparently I cannot draw a dog. Who knew?! Above is my first attempt, which Abby told me is "not Bolt. it's a cat!" Below is my second attempt, which Abby told me was a rabbit...so I turned it into a bunny. Abby was actually angry that I wouldn't draw Bolt. Little does she know that her mother just cannot seem to draw a convincing dog.

2 comments:

amyeneal said...

I love it!!! This is hilarious, b/c it is so my life too... Chip is the artist in our family and I even struggle at craft time in our house! Glad to know I'm not alone on this!! Hope your day is great :)

Tundra Mom said...

That is funny... I CANNOT draw either! I LOVE how Abby corrected you! Kids are so funny! Love you,
Becca

Post a Comment