Well today I found a 99cents store pretty close to our house. I never even noticed it before. So me and the kids ventured in and it was AWESOME! They had an entire produce section with really great produce and brand name yogurt/milk/etc. I bought the following for 35 bucks:
- bag of salad
- three bags of chips
- bag of cookies
- paper towels
- toilet paper
- cleaning products
- 10 toys items for my niece and nephew
- two loaves of bread
- school things for Weston
- two boxed of Dora yogurt
Oh, and a special little bargian story for my sister--who always appreciates a steal of a deal:
Becca--if the time change situation didn't suck, I would have called you the other day to inform you that I got a great deal at Fresh N Easy. I had a big cart of groceries and I scanned every item and as I was going to pay the machine froze up and broke. great! So, the employee guy had to rescan all my groceries and rebag them. So I asked if I could get a coupon since I was being such a good sport (no shame!), and he took $18 dollars off my total bill. SCORE! I would have called you, but you were asleep in bed. :)
Yep, right down the hatch.
I heard it.
And then I saw the fear in her eyes.
And then I held her while she cried.
One of those mommy moments when you feel a bit unqualified. At first I thought--well if she's not choking then all is well. But then I did what every good mother does. I googled it.
Did you know that pennys after 1982 have a high amount of zinc? Did you know this can cause a problem? Did you know that any other coin is really not a big deal, but a penny could be a problem.
Great. Why couldn't she have swallowed a nickle.
So, I made a call to the doctor's office. They put me on hold while they called poison control. Geez!
So off to the doctors my little girl and her penny went.
To get xrays.
When she came home she said that she was "really brave" and saw a "picture of her tummy" and a penny in that little tummy.
But, they were not concerned. I just have to confirm that it exits her body in the next few days. oh, the joys of motherhood.
The bummer of this event is that Abby ate her penny on the morning that Daddy was going to take her to the circus. So, instead of clowns, elephants and cotton candy it was a morning of xrays, co-pays, and waiting rooms.
At least our girl is okay, right? :)
4:45am, and then again at 7:30am
2. How do you like your steak?
not a steak fan
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
can't recall--but I'm heading to Harry Potter tomorrow!!!!! (nerd alert!)
4. What is your favorite TV show?
Right now....The Bachelorette. It's intriguing to watch people just be themselves
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
On a beach
6. What did you have for breakfast?
7. What is your favorite cuisine?
8. What foods do you dislike?
fatty meat (gag!)
9. Favorite Place to Eat?
10. Favorite dressing?
Trader Joe's Rasberry/feta/walnut
11. What kind of vehicle do you drive?
Mazda Protege (jealous?)
12. What are your favorite clothes?
Jeans and a tanktop
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance?
Mongolia, Thailand, Maui
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full?
15. Where would you want to retire?
16. Favorite time of day?
17. Where were you born?
18. What is your favorite sport to watch?
OU Football (wouldn't JOhn be so proud)
19. Bird watcher?
sometimes--I like to watch my hummingbirds
23. Are you a morning person or a night person?
24. Do you have any pets?
a cute little puppy named Logan
25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share?
I'm pregnant. JUST KIDDING!!!! :):):)
26. What did you want to be when you were little?
27. What is your best childhood memory?
so many to choose from, but one always stands out and I think it's because of what I was feeling, not necessarily what I was doing. I was probably around 8 years old and it was summertime. My sister and I were lying on our stomachs on the ground with our faces close to a fan. I remember my mom was in the kitchen cutting up strawberries. I was so happy. I felt very safe. I was a kid, no cares, just me, my sister, my mother and some strawberries.
28. Are you a cat or dog person?
29. Are you married?
5 years and counting
30. Always wear your seat belt?
Without a doubt
31. Been in a car accident?
32. Any pet peeves?
Crappy drivers. People who tail me when I'm driving an appropriate speed....those are my babies in the back seat people--back off!!!
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings?
34. Favorite Flower?
seeing more of John
good music-- aka: John's ipod
hot hot hot weather
more money sent to Edison
sweaty red-faced children
sound of fans in all rooms of the house
summer nights, the best part of summer
the good stuff of summer
As I sat here reading my emails, I heard a loud hammering noise coming from somewhere in our home. Obviously Logan was up to something. Nothing new there. I found him on the office chair, slamming the mouse onto the keyboard. I'm pretty sure he killed the mouse. Have I mentioned that he's a handful?
We had a great vacation down in San Diego. We stayed at a perfect kid focused hotel right on Mission Bay. Boy, do I love San Diego. I told John and we should move there. City + Beach = NICE! Plus it was about 78 degrees everyday. Today it will be over 100 in Upland. HOT!!! It's only 9am and I'm thinking about filling up the pool for the kids. Anyhow, here's my top 10 vacation moments.
- Watching Abigail and Logan play in the sand. The loved it!! I loved it because they were so entertained.
- Swimming in the ocean with John. We haven't really done that in years.
- Riding bikes with John.
- Abby and her dolphin. When we were at Sea World this dolphin sat at stared at Abby for over 10 minutes. The trainer came over and told us the the dolphin liked Abby's stuffed animal. So we had front row seats to a dolphin thanks to Bolt.
- Watching Logan discover the beach
- Sleeping with my kids. Something we don't do at home, but it's nice to snuggle with them on vacation. Plus they sleep in longer in the morning! bonus!
- The ocean. I belong at the beach. I love the beach. I want to live at the beach. I can't get enough of the beach.
- Watching my kids become friends. The are coming to a place where they can actually play together.
- Being with John and the kids without TV or computers. So much more time to just hang out.
We are leaving today to spend a week here! We will also make a trip here, and maybe here. But mostly I'm excited about the beach!! I love the beach!!
I hope it will be fun and relaxing--and by relaxing I mean just being able to sleep a solid 6 hours or so each night. We'll see! :)
See you soon!
This is usually how my living room looks. I cannot seem to find the magical cure for toy clutter. I cannot seem to care at the end of the day.
If I had time. If I had energy. If I had motivation.
I would spend my time doing the following things. Things that sit on my back burner because there seems to be no time, and no real flexibility at this stage in my life. I am needed by my children full time-all day, everyday. And that's okay. That is one of the beautiful parts of motherhood.
If I could, I would:
- take a long bath
- paint my toenails more often
- read a book from start to finish
- take a photography class
- get my hair cut and styled
- decorate my house--figure out my own sense of style and then run with it.
- sleep. I would sleep all day. I would sleep sleep sleep!! I love just typing it!
- watch all the movies on my list
- join the gym and take the classes--i love taking classes at the gym
- write letters to people who mean a lot to me
- call my sister
- lay out by the pool
- hang some curtains
I left that elevator ride somewhat confused. Should I be insulted that she thought I was too young to have two kids, or should I be insulted that she treated me like some old decrepit mother that is way to old to have such young children.
Shessh! Good day to you to lady!
Introducing "Sweetie Bell"
He plays with them all day and prefers to roll each of them under every dresser, TV stand, and table in the house. Then he likes to crouch down and scream at his unattainable cars. He will continue to yell until mommy or daddy retrieves his cars, at which point he rolls them back under the dresser. fun.
I have no idea why, but my son is obsessed with deodorant. He cannot seem to keep away from the drawer in our bathroom that houses the deodorant. He knows that it is a no-no and I think that is what makes them so irrestiable.
I love home grown tomatoes. There is nothing like them. Once you've had the real homegrown kind the store bought version are pretty despicable. I have always wanted to have some tomato plants of my own, and finally this year we have a place to plant, so by golly I planted me some tomatoes. :)
My tomoto plants are flurrishing, but Logan cannot resist!! Although my plants are doing well, the tomtoes are always plucked from their branch whilst still green! This little boy is to blame. It really ticks me off, and even though I slap his little hands and sit there and tell him no I will always find green tomotes clutched in his hands if I look away for even just a minute. Little stinker!!
- Me and the kids were at Target. I was heading to the dressing room to try on a bathing suit. When the Target employee was leading me into my changing stall (of the very busy dressing room) Abby looked up and yelled, "mama, you're going to take all your clothes off, huh?!" She repeated shouting that during the whole process.
- We were in the store, in another dressing room and Abby was shouting, "Lucifer, you're naughty!!" (Lucifer is the cat's name in Cinderella. He's a naughty cat).
- One night Abby, Logan and I were playing outside and Logan was making us laugh. I said, "what would we ever do without Logan?" Abby said, "I'd just get another brother from the store." I said, "what store?" She said, "Jesus' store. And my new brother would be little with a pink head."
- When I found Abby crushing a bunch of rolly pollies I asked her what she was doing. She said, "I'm making them sticky and now they can't walk."
- One night while putting Abby to bed she informed me that angles do not have wings, Jesus is nice, and GOd lives in the vents of our house.
- One day when I told Abby to not pick my flowers out of the flower pot she said, "dont' worry Mom, I'm responsible"