8.15.2009

Hair gone wrong

Two nights ago I decided that it was time to dye my hair. I usually do it myself and have never had any problems. So, I dyed my hair, took a shower and went to bed.

The next morning I was lying in bed with my kids watching cartoons, John walked by did a double-take and said, "wow, your hair is really dark." I said, "yeah, I colored it last night." He left for work.

A few moments later, I got up to take a shower and get ready for my work meeting. I walked by the mirror, glanced over, and stood there...frozen in horror.

My hair was jet black!

Oh my gosh!!!!

How did this happen? My hair was like blueish black....you know, so black that it has hues of blue in it!

Sad!

I don't want to be vain, but I nearly started to cry.

I proceeded with my morning....got everyone ready to go to the office for my meeting. Being the savvy professional that I am, I began my meeting with crying. About my black hair. Like an idiot.

Luckily my coworkers are very cool, and even tried to convince me that "it's not so bad."

What caring liars I work with.

After my meeting, I went to the salon....and paid $70 to get my hair fixed. Do you know what is worse than the $70? Doing a walk of shame into a hair salon. There is something very intimidating about trendy, tattooed, stylish hair designers gathered around you assessing your what-the-heck-did-you-do-your-hair-looks-awful hair.

I'm happy to report that I'm now a nice shade of brown. It actually looks really pretty. Thank you intimidating hair ladies.

1 comment:

Tundra Mom said...

I'm waiting for the day this happens to me... It is always so nerve wracking to dye hair, never knowing exactly what will happen.

Did you use a new brand or something?

Thanks for the laugh... glad your hair is fixed. Love you, Becca

Post a Comment