9.08.2009

Preschool

A strange thing happened to Abigail this summer.

She turned into a little girl.

She giggles at jokes, tells me stories, sings songs, asks deep questions, wants to pray for people, has an opinion on everything, asks 900 questions a day, and has learned how to be confident while away from me.

This morning my little girl went to her first day of preschool. She did awesome!! No tears when I left. She actually didn't even really look up when I told her I was leaving. When I came to get her she was running around playing, saw me, paused, looked, and continued on playing. She didn't want to leave! What a blessing!!

Getting ready to walk to her class


Abby in her classroom

She loved the playground and said that was her favorite part of the day. When I asked her if she learned anything, she said "no, we didn't do any learning today."

Jared and Abby are in the same class. Can you tell they are buds!

This is what Abby was d0ing when I left. Playing in the sand with some girls. The teacher told me that Abby played with two little girls for most of the day. I am happy that she has the opportunity to make some little friends.

2 comments:

Laureen said...

Abby has grown into a little girl and has grown up so much in the last few months. I am so happy she loved school. What a big day for you and Abby. A milestone in both of your lives. I love all the pictures. She is so ready for school.
Thanks for sharing your special day. Love you so!

Tundra Mom said...

I'm so so so happy for you! I am crying now. She is so big and so beautiful! I can't believe how big our kids are already! How great that she enjoyed herself so much and that Jared was there too!

Post a Comment