12.08.2009

Fancy Abby

Have you ever hear of "Fancy Nancy?" They are books that are all about a little girl who dresses fancy, talks fancy, dreams of having a fancy dog, etc. She uses big fancy words like posh, exquisite, glamorous, and parasol. Fancy Nancy wants to live in France, she uses French words at times and her dog (who is not fancy) is called Frenchy.

It is a really cute series. We stumbled onto them when Abby and I were at the library.


As it turns out, Abby is our very own version of Fancy Nancy. Fancy Abby must have on heals, dancing shoes, ribbons/bows in her hair, tutu, princess dresses, scarfs, boas, jewels, fairy wings, and tights. She is very serious about this dress up business. It is hard work being fancy. I requires long hours and many wardrobe changes.

Even Abigail's pony is fancy. Meet Shampoo:

Abby does not allow her fanciness slow her down. She takes her fancy self to the mud:

to the trees:


to the dirt:
Even to my work meetings:
(aren't my co-workers neat women...they allow my daughter to dress them fancy as we work.)



Fancy Abby is about the furthest thing from tom-boy that you can imagine.

I have to admit that it is really fun. I am so glad that I was blessed with a daughter.

3 comments:

Ellie said...

Very cute. Abby really does remind me of Fancy Nancy. They are great books. I always enjoy the fancy vocab. There is a new one out about having a Fancy Nancy Christmas, but my favourite is Fancy Nancy, Bonjour Butterfly.
BTW - been thinking and praying for you regarding your earlier post concerning your health issues. Were you able to get into a doctor?

(Ellie "Jenkins" Egles)

Shauna said...

Thanks for the comment Ellie and your prayers! How wonderfully gracious of you. I am on a wait list to see my doctor. uh! So, in the meantime I am researching a few doctors who specialize in woman's issues and who have a holistic approach...diet/stress levels/sleep/exercise/vitamins/etc. Hopefully I'll find the right doctor. Again, thank you for your prayers. I know that our God is BIG and can heal and help. ♥

Laureen said...

I loved this blog. It really is too cute! I love that little fancy Abby!
Mom

Post a Comment