12.02.2009

The positive side of things

Today I am trying to think positive about each situation that presents itself. I have not been able to sleep for the last six days. I have no idea why. My whole body is weird right now. Insomnia, nausea, headaches, etc. If you think of me, say a prayer....I think I might have endometriosis. I'm trying to get into the doctor....

ANYHOW,

It's odd how you never even think of your health until things are out of whack, and then you long for the days when you felt good and promise that you'll never take it for granted again!

So, this morning I made a decision to be positive. To not get sad about feeling sick a lot. I think it helped. I had to mentally get into the grove, and continually pray to God and give my health over to him--I mean, since he's in control of it already, right?

Today is Wednesday. John has class on Wednesdays and does not come home until after 10pm. It makes for a looonnnggg day. Just me and my birdies. Together. For 16 hours. So, we went to the library and got Abby some new books to read. We brought John lunch. We ran into Megan and had a quick lunch with her. We came home. We played. We watched Little Mermaid. We painted. We ate. We played. We did a few rounds of time out. We played.

Which brought us to about 6:30pm. Homeward stretch. But I'm really tired. I don't sleep anymore. It's difficult. (mom, I so feel your pain!!!) So, I have a spectacular idea.
Push up pops in the bathtub! Genius!

It has not been that quiet in my home since before we had children. Not.a.peep. I was standing there, folding laundry and mentally patting myself on the back. I mean, sure, sticky push up pop water is somewhat counter productive.
But who cares!
They are happy.
They are so very quiet.
I am the smartest mother in the universe.

I walked away for a moment to put clothes in the kids' room. I returned to this.



Water fight!!

Kids laughing and screaming and water flying everywhere!!
Positive thought: they've washed the bathroom floors for me. How very convenient.

After I got the crazies out of the water, I giggled as I walked into the room and saw this


Little birdie buns. Aren't they cute?

2 comments:

Laureen said...

Love those buns. too cute.

Tundra Mom said...

I am SOOO SORRY you are not sleeping!? That is so sad. Good job handling it with a positive way of thinking. Sounds like you had a great day!

Looks like a great time in the bath! Great thinking!

PS I loved your Oak Glen post. I tried to comment yesterday but my internet, wouldn't work! Sad. Looks like a great day!

Post a Comment