4.07.2010

Four years ago, at this very moment, John and I were sitting on our couch in our small apartment in La Verne taking silly pictures. Why? Because we were goofing off as we were waiting for me to go into labor. It was April 7th. My due date. The day that i was suppose to be induced if she did not arrive. We were ready. We were scheduled at the hospital early that morning, but the hospital called and told us not to come in. It was a busy night and there were no beds available. Well alright. We'll just wait. So we waited through that day. And had family over that night. We went to bed. Early in the morning I was pulled out of my slumber by a subtle feeling of my water breaking. Into the car we go.

We welcomed our little girl. The furious love that was instantly infused into my heart was overwhelming. I was a mom. She was my girl.

She grew. She turned one. She laughed and loved to read books. She loved to lay on mommy and snuggle. She was quiet and lovely.



She grew. She turned two. She was sassy and opinionated and very emotional. She was smart and knew what she wanted. She loved to be with mommy and adored "gogan" her brother.



She grew. She turned three. She started preschool and learned to make friends. She learned how to be away from mommy and be okay. She loves Disneyland and the ocean. She loves her family and has a very very tender heart towards the Lord. She has a compassionate heart toward others.


She grew. She is turning FOUR tomorrow. She loves ballet, dancing, Star Wars, riding her tricycle, going to school, going to church, going on nature walks with mommy and Logan. She asks smart questions. She makes me think. She loves to pray. She has faith and Jesus. She is still sassy, opinionated, and passionate. She is my girl. I am her mom. Where has time gone?

Happy Birthday to my sweet Abigail Grace!!
You make me so proud and I am so grateful that I am yours and you are mine.

3 comments:

Laureen said...

I was laughing and crying! I loved the pictures her with her hair wild and crazy; and the picture with no clothes but hat and shoes.
She has stolen my heart too! She is a treasure and we love Abigail Grace more than the stars in the heavens!!
Happy Birthday my sweet baby girl who is now 4!!
Will you spend the night with me? :)
Soon......

Shauna said...

haha mom!! When she's 13! ;) Maybe a big ol' grandkid sleep over will coax her over?? but then you'd need a week vacation to recover! :)

Laureen said...

Sounds good! You're right I would need a week to recover!!
Love all the pics!

Post a Comment