11.15.2010

This week at church we studied "the terrible and wonderful day of the Lord." The day when we all must stand in front of God and receive a record of our life.

What was good.
What was bad.
How I used my talents.
How I did not use my talents.
What I invested my time and money in.
And the list goes on.

I totally understand why they call it a "terrible" and "wonderful" day. On one hand every single deed that I've done, good or bad, will be judged. = terrible
On the other hand, when I look up my judge will be God = wonderful. It is my prayer that He will know my face and that I will know his.

Here are the verses that accompanied our study. Pretty heavy, eh? But such a good reminder.

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him. Hebrews 11:6

For God will bring every deed into judgment, with every secret thing, whether good or evil. Ecclesiastes 12:14

Nothing is covered up that will not be revealed, or hidden that will not be known. Therefore whatever you have said in the dark shall be heard in the light, and what you have whispered in private room shall be proclaimed upon the housetops. Luke 12:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment