1.30.2011

Meet Jenifer.
She is five.
She lives in Guatemala.
She is in kindergarten.
She loves swimming, singing and playing jacks.
She has two siblings.
Her parents work as laborers.
Meet Abigail.
She is nearly five.
She is almost in kindergarten.
She has a brother.
She loves swimming, the beach, and art.


This week Abigail sat with me as we looked at the computer screen.
I explained that many children do not have food, clothes, or toys.
I tried to tell Abigail how blessed she is.
I tried to explain that we should always be willing to give.
To care.
To help.
So, after looking at many children's profiles, Abigail selected Jenifer to help. to care. to give.
She is excited to write her letters and send her pictures.
I am excited to watch my girl learn about caring for others.

We sponsored Jenifer through Compassion International.

Read this, or this, or this, or this, to learn more about Guatemala's Compassion kids.
Heart breaking.

Compassion =
A deep awareness of the suffering of another coupled with the wish to relieve it.

2 comments:

Michelle ~ Blogging from the Boonies said...

Welcome to the Compassion family! I hope that this is a blessing for you and that you will commit to writing to your child on a regular basis! God bless you for your generosity!

Laureen said...

I love that you are teaching Abigail about helping others and how blessed she is. You are a great Mommy.

Post a Comment