- The sabbath is a weekly test for anxious people
- God is saying to us, "I am the Creator God who will care for your needs"
- Observing the sabbath creates a rhythm in our week providing an opportunity to rest
- God is essentially saying, "you will do this because I rested on the Sabbath, and you will do it because I continue to be at work on your behalf on the Sabbath."
- Worry and fear are about danger, perceived needs, and being out of control. By incorporating the Sabbath into the normal rhythm of life He give us weekly opportunities to say, "you, God, are in control, and I will practice trusting you by honoring your Sabbath and resting today."
I'll keep at it.