3.05.2012

“These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.” -Deuteronomy 6: 6-7


This verse was on my sidebar today. Here is more of the story:


4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.[a] 5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.
10 When the LORD your God brings you into the land he swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, to give you—a land with large, flourishing cities you did not build, 11 houses filled with all kinds of good things you did not provide, wells you did not dig, and vineyards and olive groves you did not plant—then when you eat and are satisfied, 12 be careful that you do not forget the LORD, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.


What a great reminder.

God is our provider.

All we need to do is love him.

With our hearts.

Our soul.

Our strength.

He will do everything else.


Although comforting--this is a tall order for me.

I like to plan.

I like to try my best to arrange things.

To ensure things are in place.

To line things up for the future.

Although taking an active part in my life is surely not an evil thing,

the truth is--God already has it done.

Without my freeting.

Without my planning.

Without my internet researching.

(ha)


He will give.

It is our job to love Him and receive what he gives.

It is also our job to love Him even when he withholds,

for withholding is for our good too.

And when our hearts have been made more pure,

more understanding of Him,

more ready to glorify God this side of eternity, then he gives.

He gives.


I pray with my kids as much as I can.

Our best prayers are before bed and when we drive to school.

I will always ask, "who needs a prayer?"

Abby always says, "i do!"

Logan always says, "not me."

I pray for them both anyway.

Lately when I pray with them, I ask God to help us learn how to love him better. I figure that this request is an important one. When we know how to love him more and love Him with all of what we have--we will surley be in a good place, right?

Just planted where ever we are

loving Him.

1 comment:

Laureen said...

First, I love you,
Second, I love your heart,
Third, your words move my heart,
Fourth, you make me laugh,
Fifth, you teach me,
Sixth, your words are truth,
Seventh, He is good and He gives!
Eighth, I love you.

Post a Comment